Are you at a point of time in your life where you are ready to address issues related to feeling confused, stuck, hopeless, and afraid? These issues are holding you back from experiencing true happiness and you just can’t see a way out. It feels debilitating and despite your efforts, nothing has helped.
Perhaps you have a history of entering into toxic relationships. Or, you’ve had a very sudden, single experience that was traumatic, like a divorce, assault, fire, personal accident, or being a witness to an accident.
You’re tired, stressed, anxious, and exhausted.
I hear you and I understand
What is an EMDR intensive and is it right for you?
An EMDR intensive, or “retreat,” is a way to deliver EMDR in a short period of time, typically over three days or over a weekend. During the intensive, multiple EMDR sessions are scheduled throughout the day, giving time for breaks, lunch, snacks, and quiet time. EMDR intensives are personalized treatment plans that allow you to skip the waitlist by giving you faster access to select spots, and are designed to support your preferred schedule and timeline for your treatment goals.
Maybe you’ve wanted to start weekly therapy, but you just don’t have the time or energy. Perhaps you’re finally ready to address the issue now and don’t want to waste numerous therapy sessions getting straight to the problem that’s been holding you back from the happiness and peace you desire. Perhaps you’ve been meaning to get into weekly therapy for a while now, but your schedule has been so hectic and demanding that a weekly therapy appointment feels more overwhelming than supportive. Perhaps you’re needing help —- and a lot of it—- right now, and you don’t want to spend months in the traditional weekly model of therapy treatment to feel better
If this sounds familiar, an EMDR intensive may be just what you need
Why do an intensive?
While EMDR can be used in typical therapy sessions, sometimes you may want a faster turnaround. This is often the case with business leaders, entrepreneurs, stay-at-home moms, those in the entertainment industry, and others with high visibility. An intensive is a perfect escape away from the day-to-day struggles that can make it very difficult to dedicate the time and energy needed for healing to occur.
Hi, I’m Leslie and I’ll be your counselor for your EMDR intensive. I absolutely adore EMDR and have seen such transformative results with clients. I look forward to helping you too.
While a faster turnaround time may be one benefit, let’s look at other benefits for an intensive:
- Research shows that clients can make as much progress with intensive treatment as with standard weekly sessions
- Intensives reduce lost work time and create a space for focused treatment, free of many distractions and obligations
- While the cost may be higher, the treatment is shorter in duration and can save money over the long run
- Local residents can make travel accommodations and carve out time for self-care
Ideal candidates are those who have experienced a single traumatic event. For those who have experienced long-term childhood abuse or neglect, multiple traumas, or years of traumatic events, an EMDR intensive is not advised. Although exceptions can be made in situations like this and some work may be accomplished during an intensive, it is imperative that one be under the present care of a counselor in order to continue the work after the intensive is over.
What to expect during an intensive:
- Personalized one-on-one treatment with Leslie, a licensed and trained EMDR counselor
- A pre-consultation interview and assessment to determine treatment appropriateness and needs
- Comfortable, private accommodations during your intensive
- Nourishing meals
- Restorative outings and planned down-time in order to conceptualize and digest the treatment
- After-hours accessibility to Leslie during the intensive
The two-day intensive is located in the southern historic town of Saint Francisville, Louisiana. While here, there’s truly no better place to stay than the newly renovated and upscale Saint Francisville Inn. Here, you’ll find the rooms expertly decorated, the food delicious, and the grounds beautiful and calming. Within walking steps of the inn are numerous restaurants, historical houses, art galleries, shops, and the iconic Mississippi River. Please click here to read more about the inn. *Other options are available for lodging depending on availability and weekends requested.
Time to let go. Time to Release.
What is Included in the Two-Day Intensive?
- Up to three EMDR sessions per day with breaks for meals, rest, and self-care
- After-hours access to Leslie for questions or concerns
- A list of activities to explore in town to help regulate your nervous system, including historical sites, museums, hiking trails, botanical gardens, and other options
Two-day intensives are $3,500 self-pay. Insurance does not cover the cost of intensives and clients are not able to submit claims to insurance companies. A 50% deposit is required in order to secure lodging and full payment will be collected at the start of the first day.
Should an intensive be something you are interested in but are having a hard time paying for, please reach out to find out how Care Credit could be an option.
Things to Know Before Planning Your Trip
- As a reminder, insurance does not cover the cost of an intensive and cannot be billed
- No alcoholic beverages, illicit, or recreational drugs are allowed during treatment as they will interfere with therapy
- No spouses, partners, friends, guests, or kids are allowed on the premises during the intensive. This is all about YOU
- Please make arrangements for transportation to and from the intensive, including any local excursions
I learned long ago that in order to heal my wounds, I must have the courage to face up to them~
If you are ready to begin your healing process with EMDR, please call 833-473-3399 today