Have you ever heard of spirulina? I know I hadn’t until a couple years back. I’m here to tell you how amazing it is, so let’s dive in and talk about what it is and what makes it so great.
Spirulina is a blue-green algae and it’s loaded with essential fatty acids, vitamins, phytonutrients, minerals, micronutrients and amino acids. It’s an ancient superfood. For the Aztecs it was a staple in their diets. Today, NASA and the United Nations endorse it as the most nutrient dense food in the world.
Once I received the package, I was reminded why I was so impressed with spirulina years ago. Here are some of the reasons spirulina is so healthy:
- Spirulina is a whole food & is not a supplement
- Spirulina is composed of 64% protein & 40 vitamins/minerals
- Spirulina is a plant protein
- Spirulina contains fatty acids and helps reduce inflammation
- Spirulina helps improve focus and alertness
- Spirulina is high in chlorophyll, which helps removes toxins
- Spirulina increases fat burning during exercise
- Spirulina can help prevent memory loss
- Spirulina contains anticancer properties
- Spirulina reduces muscle fatigue
Catharine Arnston is the founder of ENERGYbits and the story behind why she created it is from the heart and definitely impacted my perception of the brand. ENERGYbits began when her sister was diagnosed with cancer (now cancer-free) and was recommended by her oncologist to consume an alkaline diet for healing. Upon researching alkaline foods, Catharine discovered algae. Once she discovered all the benefits and scientific research behind both spirulina and chlorella, she sprung into action. Today, we can all benefit from ENERGYbits, which are organic, toxin free and non-GMO. You can read more about the brand here: ENERGYbits